How to Make a Skirt From Jeans
It’s easy to get rid of old jeans, but it’s a lot better to give them a second chance. To do this, you won’t need expert skills — just follow a few simple steps and you’ll get yourself a brand new skirt.
We at 5-Minute Crafts want to share one of the easiest ways to make a skirt from jeans.
What you’ll need
- A marker
- A ruler
- A needle and thread
How to do it
1. Fold the jeans just once, then lay them flat on the working surface.
2. Decide how short you want the skirt to be, and cut it horizontally.
3. Now unfold the jeans and cut between the legs.
4. Turn them inside out and lay them on the working surface with the cuts on the side.
5. Next, on the left side, measure a straight line and mark it with a marker.
6. Do the same thing on the opposite side.
7. Cut the left side, following the marked line.
8. Do the same thing on the right side.
9. Sew the sides.
10. Turn the skirt inside out and, with a needle at the bottom of the skirt, pick the textile out to style it and to make the cut less noticeable.