How to Style a Scarf: 9 Ways
A scarf is a basic accessory that can be turned into various clothing items like dresses, tops, and blouses. While most styles require only your time, you’ll need a scarf ring, a couple of pins, and an elastic band to recreate some of the outfits. Today, 5-Minute Crafts has come up with 9 ideas on how to turn an ordinary scarf into pretty clothes, and we’re ready to help you diversify your wardrobe without spending money.
1. Off-the-shoulder dress
1. Take a scarf and put it behind your back so its ends are in front of you.
2. Secure the upper ends of the scarf on your chest with a transparent elastic band. You should get a tail with 2 short scarf ends.
3. Take one of the short scarf ends and put it on your right shoulder so it covers it. Secure it under your armpit with a pin.
4. Take the other scarf’s end and put it on your left shoulder so it covers it. Secure it under your armpit with a pin.
5. Style your new dress with a belt and take the shoulders off to make it more elegant. Enjoy your new look!
2. Summer crop top
1. Throw a scarf behind your neck with its ends in front of you.
2. Take a scarf ring and pull the scarf’s ends through it.
3. Tie the scarf ends together behind your back as shown in the picture above.
4. Adjust the fitting so the top covers all the areas you want hidden.
5. Enjoy your new look! You can also tie the scarf ends lower and tuck them into your jeans.
3. Voluminous blouse
1. Take a scarf and tie its ends on each narrower side together.
2. Put the scarf behind your waist with its tied ends in front of you.
3. Put the scarf on your arms, crosswise. Your hands should go through the holes you formed when you were tying the scarf ends together.
4. Adjust the fit.
5. Wear this top with a belt to accentuate your waist. Enjoy your new look!
4. Short crop top
1. Take a scarf and fold it diagonally.
2. Tie the scarf ends together behind your waist.
3. Pull the scarf up so it covers your chest.
4. Adjust the fitting and bend the triangle part of the scarf back.
5. Enjoy your new look!
5. Elegant dress
1. Take a scarf and tie its ends on one narrower side together.
2. Pull your head and one of the shoulders through the hole you’ve just formed.
3. Take the sides of the scarf that are hanging slightly below your hips.
4. Tie the sides tightly together behind your back and around your waist.
5. Add a thin belt for a more sophisticated vibe. Enjoy your new look!
6. Top with an open back and shoulders
1. Take a long scarf and tie its ends on the narrower side around your neck.
2. Take the hanging part of the scarf and wrap it around your chest, moving from left to right.
3. Take the end of the scarf and pull it under the part near your neck and collarbones.
4. Wrap the scarf end around the main part of the scarf and secure it to keep the top in place. The knot can be as high or as low as you like.
5. Make sure the top covers all the areas you want hidden. Enjoy your new look!
7. Light cardigan
1. Throw a scarf over your shoulders.
2. Take the sides of the scarf that are hanging near your hips.
3. Tie the right end of the scarf with the right side part you’ve just grabbed.
4. Tie the left end of the scarf with the left side part of the scarf.
5. This style looks great with jeans and a crop top. Enjoy your new look!
8. Voluminous top
1. Take a scarf and tie its ends behind your neck.
2. Take the hanging ends of the scarf in your hands and shake them in such a way that the scarf’s main part is facing outward and becomes more voluminous.
3. Tie the scarf ends behind your back.
4. Enjoy your new outfit!
9. One-shoulder top
1.Take a scarf and fold it diagonally.
2. Tie the ends at the base of the formed triangle behind your back.
3. Secure the top angle of the triangle behind your back as well.
4. Adjust the fitting. Make sure the top is tight enough.
5. Enjoy your new look!