How to Waterproof Shoes
Getting our shoes wet can be annoying, and it gets even worse when it just won’t stop raining. With that in mind, 5-Minute Crafts has come up with a guide to quickly waterproof them.
What you’ll need
- A hair dryer
- A long candle
- A pair of shoes
- Make sure your shoes are clean.
- Rub the candle on them without missing any corners. Apply the candle’s wax with a bit of force.
- You can do this just around the base of your shoes or all around it if needed.
- With the hair dryer, gently melt the candle’s wax by holding it close to the surface of your shoes.
- The wax needs to reach 115ºF (46ºC) or more for it to start melting. After 30 seconds, give or take, the wax should begin to disappear.
- Do this until your shoe no longer appears to have any wax on it.
- Test your newly waterproofed shoes by splashing some water on them or going out in the rain since the coat of wax that has just been applied to them will deflect the water.
Share This Article