How to Make a Decorative Fireplace From Boxes
You don’t need to spend a lot of money to create a festive atmosphere in your home. For example, you can make a cozy fireplace from cardboard boxes if you secure them together and decorate them with paper.
5-Minute Crafts has prepared step-by-step instructions telling you how to quickly and easily make a fireplace that will become a perfect interior decoration during the New Year holidays.
1. Take a piece of corrugated cardboard packaging. The best ideas for this are boxes that are left over from large equipment (like a refrigerator, a TV, or a washing machine, for example). Put it on the floor — it will serve as the base for the future fireplace.
2. Apply glue in a rectangular shape on one side of the base with the help of a glue gun.
3. Place another cardboard box in this spot.
4. Do the same thing on the opposite side.
5. Glue one more box on top of each box.
6. Glue another box between the 2 walls of the future fireplace. Glue a sheet of the corrugated cardboard from the backside — it will play the role of the fireplace’s back wall.
7. Apply wallpaper glue over the boxes.
8 and 9. Glue brick wallpaper to the boxes.
10 and 11. Place dry twigs and a strand of electric garland lights at the bottom of the fireplace.
12. Secure a decorated piece of garland made of artificial fir-tree branches on top.
Happy New Year holidays at the fireplace!