How to Make a DIY Nightlight
A nightlight helps create soft, diffused lighting which looks really nice in the evening. And with a creative approach, a nightlight can become the main highlight of your interior.
5-Minute Crafts put together 5 ideas for how to make a nice and stylish DIY nightlight. You can decorate your living room, bedroom, or nursery with it.
1. Take stationery glue, a jar with a yoke lock, and any cutout of your choice that fits the size of the jar. Apply glue to the back of the cutout.
2. Glue it to one side of the jar from the inside.
3. Add other decorative elements. In our example, we used grass and stars.
4. Take white acrylic paint and paint the inside of the jar with it.
5. Glue a small LED candle to the lid.
6. Turn on the candle, close the lid, and place the nightlight on your bedside table or nightstand.
1. Take a small glass jar with a screw cap.
2. Using glue, cover it with transparent decorative stones.
3. Glue a small LED candle to the lid.
4. Turn on the candle, close the jar, and place the nightlight on your bedside table or nightstand.
- Inflate a white balloon, place it on a stand, and cover it with stationery glue.
- Start by gluing pieces of paper to the surface of the balloon.
- Cover the entire balloon with paper and let it dry thoroughly.
- Gently pierce the ball and cut its top out.
- Place a strand of electric LED string lights inside the resulting ball. Make sure that the lights don’t heat up too much when switched on.
6. Take a plastic coffee cup and apply a small amount of glue just below its rim.
7. Take twine, dip its tip in the glue, and wrap it around the cup. Secure the end of the twine at the bottom with glue.
8. Take 4 wooden skewers. Apply some glue to their bottom and the lower third of each.
9. Insert the skewers into the cup and glue them, like in the photo above.
10. Place the ball on the skewers. You will get a nightlight in the form of a hot-air balloon.
- Get a regular incandescent light bulb and 5 alcohol based markers — yellow, blue, green, red, and orange.
- First, take the blue marker and paint over a small part of the bulb with it.
- Do the same with the rest of the markers.
- Screw the bulb into a lamp next to the wall and turn it on. The room will fill with the colors of the rainbow.
1. Take a large vase and pour half a cup of hydrogel beads into it.
2. Cover them with water.
3. Wait until the beads absorb all of the water and dry.
4. Turn on an LED candle and place it inside. Then place the nightlight on the bedside table or nightstand.