How to Make a Projector
With just a couple of materials you might already have in your house, you can set up your own home-made cinema. 5-Minute Crafts has prepared a guide to help you do exactly this.
- A smartphone
- A shoebox (or something similar)
- Black construction paper (or black paint and a brush)
- A craft knife
- A magnifying glass
- A paper clip, or clay
- Make the inside of your shoebox black, either by painting it or taping black construction paper inside of it.
- Then, in the exact middle of one of the shortest sides of your shoebox, trace the outer edges of the magnifying glass, and cut it out.
- Tape the magnifying glass over the hole (inside of the shoebox).
- Use the clay to make a phone stand inside of the shoebox. Otherwise, you can make a stand by bending a paper clip.
- Place the phone on the opposite side of the magnifying glass, with its screen turned toward it.
- You’ll notice that when the light from your screen goes through the magnifying glass, it gets flipped upside-down. Keep this in mind when you place your phone on your stand. Have it already set in a way that will guarantee the image gets projected properly.
- Now, simply turn off the lights and test your projector on a white wall, or one covered by a white blanket / projector screen.
- Play around with your projector’s position on your room, as well as the position of the stand inside of the shoebox to find out what works best for you.
- Lastly, close the shoebox for an optimal viewing experience.
Note: Turn your screen’s brightness all the way up.
Share This Article