How to Make Paper Bags With Recycled Newspaper to Replace the Plastic Ones
An excellent way to reduce the use of plastic bags is by using bags made out of recyclable material — they’re cheaper and do less damage to the environment. You can craft them from old newspapers, and they don’t take long to make.
5-Minute Crafts will show you how to do this in just 6 steps.
1. Take 2 sheets of newspaper and lay them together on a flat surface.
2. Bring one end of the newspaper to the other end of the sheet, creating a triangle.
3. Bring one end of the triangle to the top of the last fold.
4. Fold the other end of the triangle and press; this way, the structure you are putting together will be compressed.
5. You can see 4 peaks from the newspaper sheets at the top. Put 2 of them inside the structure.
6. Insert it in the trash can. You can leave it there for a maximum of 3 days.
Bonus: gift bags
Take a sheet of newspaper, mark the measurements 15×3 x 6.3 inches, and cut this out.
Make a rectangle with the measurements 4.5 inches and 3.1 inches with the newspaper.
Fold the ends, creating a cube.
Place a cardboard base for the inside, make 4 flaps, and glue them together.
Drill 4 holes in the top and attach 2 pieces of string, which will serve as handles for your bag.