5 Ways to Prepare a Delicious Cup of Hot Chocolate
For most of us, chocolate is one of those foods that makes us feel good and increases our energy level. 5-Minute Crafts wants to show you different methods of preparing drinks in which the main ingredient is cocoa or chocolate. These recipes are ideal for those cold days when you could use a hot cup to lift your spirits or need something special to surprise loved ones with when they come to visit you.
Method 1: with chocolate chips, milk, and cream
- 2 cups of chocolate chips for melting
- 1 cup of chocolate powder
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract or vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- Sugar and cinnamon to taste
1. Place the chocolate chips in a large pot.
2. Add the chocolate powder and vanilla. Then, pour in the heavy cream and milk.
3. With a wooden spoon, gently stir everything until all the ingredients are well combined.
4. Cover the pot and cook it for 15 minutes over low heat.
5. Uncover the pot and add marshmallows and sugar to taste. You could also add spices, such as cardamom, cinnamon sticks, or star anise.
6. Stir the mixture. Let it cook for about 10 more minutes or until you get the consistency you want. If you prefer it thicker, you can add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, which will give a richer texture to the drink.
7. Serve the chocolate while it’s still hot and thick.
8. Garnish your drink with some mini marshmallows.
9. Sprinkle on a little cinnamon powder.
Method 2: with chocolate melting caps
- 2 cups of melted chocolate
- 3-4 tbsp of chocolate powder
- 2 tbsp of dulce de leche candy
- 2 tbsp of dried fruit
- Powdered sugar and cinnamon to taste
- Place the individual silicone cupcake molds face down. Pour a thin layer of melted chocolate over each one of them. Put them in the freezer for at least 20 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
- Then, gently remove the molds without breaking the solidified chocolate.
- Fill each cap with chocolate powder and nuts. You can also add mini marshmallows and candy.
- Place each filled cap over cups of steaming hot milk. As soon as they melt with the heat, use a spoon to stir it, and you’ll have a hot chocolate drink ready in no time.
Method 3: with chocolate lollipops
- 100 g of melting chocolate
- 1 tbsp of colored sprinkles
- 3-4 cups of hot milk
- Whipped cream
1. Chop the chocolate and place it in an airtight plastic bag.
2. You can melt it by putting your hands together and rubbing it vigorously, by microwaving it for 30 seconds, or waiting for it to melt on its own. Time may vary depending on the power of your microwave.
3. Cut off one end of the bag.
4. Pour the chocolate into an ice cube tray. You can also use a silicone mold to make popsicles.
5. Sprinkle as many colored sprinkles as you like, or you could add crushed nuts on top of the chocolate.
6. Insert a wooden popsicle stick into each space in the tub. Freeze it for at least 1 hour.
7. Heat the milk and pour it into individual cups. Remove the popsicles from the freezer, unmold them, and dip 1 or 2 per cup, depending on how concentrated you want your drink to be.
8. Stir the chocolate until it’s completely melted. Sweeten to taste.
9. Garnish each serving with a dollop of whipped cream.
Method 4: with chocolate-filled capsules
- 100 g of melted chocolate
- 5 to 6 tbsp of chocolate powder
- ½ cup of mini marshmallows
- Powdered sugar and spices to taste
- Use a silicone semi-sphere mold. With the help of a spoon, spread a thin layer of melted chocolate inside each cavity. Put the mold in the freezer for the chocolate to harden, which should be at least 1 hour.
- Remove and unmold them. Place chocolate powder and mini marshmallows inside. Close the capsule by placing another half on top. If not used immediately, store in the refrigerator.
- Pour the spheres inside individual cups with hot milk. With the heat, they’ll melt and reveal the surprise filling that they’re hiding inside.
- Stir your beverage well before drinking. You can add sugar, cinnamon, or spices to taste.
Method 5: with chocolate and hazelnut spread
- 1 tbsp of cocoa-hazelnut spread
- 1 cup of hot milk
- Pour the hot milk into a bowl with cocoa and hazelnut cream.
- Close the container tightly and whisk vigorously.
- Serve the chocolate hot. Sweeten to taste. Top with whipped cream and add a pinch of cinnamon powder.