6 Ways to Make a Shawarma Wrap
Shawarma, kebab, burrito — there are many simple and tasty dishes based on the idea of wrapping a mixture of chopped vegetables, delicious sauce, and sliced meat in a thin flatbread or tortilla. The combination of ingredients is limited only by your imagination.
At 5-Minute Crafts, we would like to show you a few simple and original ways to make a shawarma wrap.
- Step 1. Cover the center of the tortilla with sauce, and put the filling on top evenly. Leave the edges of the tortilla empty.
- Step 2. Fold the entire bottom edge of the tortilla to the center.
- Step 3. Moisten the right edge of the tortilla with water, by touching it with wet fingers and bending it, as shown in the photo above. It should lie on the bottom edge that you’ve folded in the previous step. Press it down.
- Step 4. Start wrapping the shawarma, moving from right to left. To secure the left edge of the wrap, wet it with water. Done!
- Step 1. Spread the filling along the bottom half of the tortilla evenly, leaving some empty space on the left and right edges.
- Step 2. Take the left edge and fold it inward slightly as shown in the photo above. Do the same with the right edge.
- Step 3. Now fold the bottom edge so that it lies on top of the ends of the left and right edges. Press it down.
- Step 4. Start wrapping the shawarma slowly, moving from the bottom up. Done!
- Step 1. Cut the tortilla around its edges so that it has the shape of a square. Lay it out in front of you. Put the filling in the center.
- Step 2. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla toward the center, slightly covering the filling with it.
- Step 3. Fold the edges of the tortilla on the left and right to make it look like an envelope, as shown in the photo above. Wrap the shawarma, moving from the bottom up.
- Step 4. To secure the envelope, slightly moisten the place where the top edge touches the wrap, and then grill it. Done!
- Step 1. Take a tortilla and visually divide it into 4 equal parts. Spread the filling on them in layers, as shown in the photo above. Layers should be even and not too dense. Make a cut from the center of the circle to the bottom edge.
- Step 2. Fold the bottom edge over the top.
- Step 3. Continue to wrap the shawarma moving from right to left. In the end, cover the bottom edge.
- Step 4. Grill the wrap slightly. Done!
- Step 1. Spread the tortilla with cream cheese or curd. Wet the edges with a little water. Lay out the filling in a thin layer.
- Step 2. Carefully wrap the shawarma into a tight roll. Put it in the fridge for 1-2 hours so that the roll takes on the necessary shape, and the edges of the tortilla get shaped. You can grill it before serving. Done!
- Step 1. Spread one side of the tortilla with vegetable oil or melted butter.
- Step 2. Preheat the oven to 390°F. Arrange the tortillas on the oven rack as shown in the picture above.
- Step 3. Put them in the oven and wait a few minutes until the tortillas dry out, taking on the desired shape.
- Step 4. Take them out and use them as molds to put filling inside of.
- Before using a tortilla, put it between 2 damp towels for a couple of minutes so it doesn’t crumble when folded.
- So that the filling sits tightly inside the tortilla, try to lay it out in a certain order: first, spread a thin layer of sauce, leaving the edges of the tortilla empty, then add vegetables and cheese, then slices of meat, then top with greens, a little more sauce, and herbs in the end.
- A shawarma wrap can be fried in a pan. The main thing is to make sure that the filling heats well and that the cheese melts. If there are greens inside and they’ve lost their fresh appearance, cut the wrap into 2 parts and carefully add fresh greens to the filling with tweezers before serving.