7 Ideas for Preparing Salty and Sweet Snacks
Many of us attend work meetings or birthday parties and the snack table becomes the life of the party. And the fact is that these small bites that are full of flavor are easy to eat while you chat with your guests.
5 Minute Crafts wants to show you some recipes for sweet and salty snacks that you can prepare quickly and easily to surprise your friends and loved ones at your next gathering.
1. Pickles wrapped in salami
- 6-8 slices of salami
- 3-4 whole pickled gherkins
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- Add 2 or 3 slices of salami. Spread cream cheese on them. At one end, arrange a whole pickle.
- Roll it up with the layers of salami. Make sure to squeeze it with your fingers so it sticks well.
- Divide it into several bites and serve. You can serve them with a portion of peanuts or a variety of nuts.
2. Chocolate rolls
- 8-10 slices of sliced bread
- 4-6 tbsp of cocoa and hazelnut cream
- 3 tbsp crushed walnuts
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- With a rolling pin, flatten a slice of bread. Spread the cocoa and hazelnut cream on one end and sprinkle the nuts on it. Roll the bread delicately.
- Place the stuffed rolls in a frying pan with a little butter. Brown them on both sides.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon. Put the rolls, one by one, into this container so that these ingredients stick to them.
- Serve and decorate each end with a sprinkling of crushed nuts or chocolate chips.
3. Chicken and vegetable skewers
Chopped vegetables (bell peppers, onion)
- Form the skewers by piercing pieces of meat and alternating with the vegetables of your choice. Coat them with a little olive oil.
- Place them inside a tempered glass container and seal with aluminum foil.
- Bake them at 300°F (150°C) for 30 minutes. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the pieces of meat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve them with a portion of your favorite sauce.
4. Puff pastry filled with jam
- 20 oz (500 g) of stretched puff pastry dough
- 4-6 tbsp strawberry jam or syrup (or your choice)
- Roll out the puff pastry dough and divide it into rectangles of approximately 8 in x 4 in (20 cm x 10 cm). In each one, cut 2 heart shapes on the left side, as shown in the image.
- On the right side, place a spoonful of jam, using the flavor of your choice.
- Fold the rectangle in half and seal it with the help of a fork, delicately flattening the edges. Bake them in the oven at 300°F (150°C) for 15 minutes.
- When serving, you can serve them with cream cheese. Enjoy them with a hot or cold drink.
5. Sausage skewers with chives
- 2 chicken sausages
- 2 veal sausages
- 2 turkey sausages
- 4 chive sprigs
Place the sausages in water and cook them. Once cooked, put them on a cutting board along with the chives, alternating a sausage with a sprig. Pierce wooden skewers through each ingredient.
Use the wooden skewers according to the thickness of the skewered appetizer you want. Cut each one in parallel.
Serve them with tomato sauce or whatever you like best.
6. Apple and cinnamon mini-tacos
- 4-6 wheat flour tortillas
- 4-5 tbsp apple jam
- 2 tbsp cinnamon syrup
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Cut the tortillas into circles of approximately 3 inches (8 centimeters). Turn over a cupcake mold, grease it with oil or butter, and place the mini tortillas in each mold’s cavity. Bake at 230°F (110°C) for 5 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes. Then fill them with a little jam.
- Garnish with cinnamon syrup. Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
7. Chicken nuggets
- Diced chicken
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 1-2 cups of oil
- Chopped ramen noodles
- In a bowl, mix the milk, eggs, and flour. Dip the diced chicken pieces in the mixture.
- Bread the nuggets with the chopped noodles. Make sure they are completely coated.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry them on both sides. It is important that the oil is not too hot when frying. This will prevent them from burning.
- Serve them with a sweet sauce or whatever you like the most.