How to Cook a Lemon Pie
Many people like to eat baked goods that boast citrus flavors. And this soft, aromatic pie with lemon stuffing can easily become a nice complement to your tea or coffee.
5-Minute Crafts is sharing a recipe for a lemon pie that shouldn’t be difficult as long as you follow our step-by-step instructions.
What you’ll need
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 cups of flour
- 1.5 lemons
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 yolk
- Powdered sugar
1. Mix the sour cream with the baking soda. Add some melted butter and stir until smooth.
2. Gradually add flour.
3. Knead the dough (it must be a bit sticky).
4. Split the dough into 2 equal parts. Wrap each part into the cling film and place it in the fridge for 1 hour or more.
5. Remove the peel from the lemons and remove the white skin from them as well — it will help your future pie from tasting too bitter. Chop the lemons into small pieces.
6. Whisk the lemons in the blender with 1 cup of sugar to make a liquid mass.
7. Roll one part of the dough and place it on the baking sheet (we used a sheet with a diameter of 12 inches). Spread the dough all over the baking sheet’s surface and make small sides. Put the lemon stuffing in and spread it evenly.
8. Roll out the second part of the dough and cover the stuffing with it. Brush the pie with whipped yolk to get a golden crust.
9. Bake the pie in a pre-heated oven set at 350°F for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle it with powdered sugar when it’s ready.