How to Cook Pumpkin Cream Soup
Pumpkin cream soup has already become a classic autumn dish. It has a soft, buttery taste, it’s easy to prepare, and consists of simple ingredients that can be found in almost any store.
5-Minute Crafts has prepared a recipe for pumpkin cream soup that will melt in your mouth.
What you’ll need
- 3 lb of pumpkin
- 4 to 5 potatoes
- 1 cup of cream or milk
- Black ground pepper
- Fresh greenery (parsley or dill)
- Pumpkin seeds or white toast
- Onion (optional)
- A knife
- A cutting board
- A blender
- A pot
- A tablespoon
How to cook it
1. Wash and peel the vegetables. Split the pumpkin into small cubes and chop the potatoes up to a medium size. You can also add onions to the vegetables if you want.
2. Place the vegetables in the pot with water so that it slightly covers everything. Place the lid on the pot and cook until things turn soft.
Another option: You can also use a big frying pan for cooking vegetables. Pour a little oil into it and about half a mug of water. Cover it with a lid and stew the vegetables until they’re ready. If the water evaporates fast, add more of it to the pan so that the veggies don’t get burned.
3. After the pumpkin and potatoes are ready, let them cool down for a while but don’t pour away the broth that you made. After about 5 minutes, put the vegetables into a bowl for blending.
4. Blend the veggies until they’re mashed. In order to make the blending process easier, add a bit of broth to the blender.
5. Pour some cream into the puree; also add paprika, salt, pepper, and mix everything together.
6. Chop the greens finely and peel the pumpkin seeds.
7. Pour the soup into the bowls and sprinkle some greenery and pumpkin seeds on top of each one.
Another option: You can use pieces of toast, croutons, or other seeds in lieu of pumpkin seeds. You can also replace the greens with ones that you prefer.
You can also add carrots, bell pepper, cheese, ginger, garlic, and various spices when cooking your pumpkin cream soup. Spices like Curcuma, nutmeg, curry, and sesame seeds match the pumpkin flavor quite well.