How to Make a Birthday Cake for Your Dog
If you want to celebrate your best friend’s birthday or simply give them a delicious surprise, you can bake them a cake with ingredients that won’t harm them and that they will find delicious. Remember that this is just a treat and should not replace their traditional diet.
5-Minute Crafts will show you how to prepare a cake for your dog. Just remember, the portion of cake for each dog will depend on their weight and health, consult with your veterinarian before giving them any food that is foreign to their diet.
1. The cake
What you’ll need:
- ½ cup oatmeal
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup xylitol-free peanut butter
- ½ cup plain yogurt, unsweetened
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350ºF). If you have a small electric oven that only has a few settings you can preheat it to 3.
- Add the oats, flour, mashed banana, honey, peanut butter, baking soda, and yogurt into a bowl.
- Finally, add one egg and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a baking sheet or glass dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes. You can insert a toothpick in the center of the cake — if it comes out clean, that means your dog’s cake is cooked. Remove it from the oven and wait for it to cool.
2. The frosting
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 20 bone-shaped dog cookies
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened yogurt
- Pour the yogurt into a bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and mix.
- Use a cake piping bag to cover the outer circumference of the cake with the prepared icing.
- Decorate with cookies in the shape of little bones around the edges. You can also place a few slices of banana to top off the cake if you want.
- Now it’s time for your furry friend to enjoy their special day!