How to Make a Burger
Burgers have long been a part of our diet, not only as a quick snack that we eat on the go but also as a part of the menu in expensive restaurants. The good news for burger lovers is that you can cook it like a professional at home, even without much preparation.
5-Minute Crafts wants to show you a recipe for a classic burger, made from ingredients that can be bought at any supermarket.
To make a burger at home, you will need:
- An electric grill or a grill pan. If you don’t have them, you can use a regular frying pan.
- A pan
- A cutting board
- A knife
- You can also use a mold for patties (optional).
To make a classic beef burger you will need:
- Burger buns
- Beef patties
- Sauce according to your taste
- Refined vegetable oil for frying
- A tomato
- Fresh onions
- Fried onions (you can fry them yourself or buy ready-made ones)
- Portioned processed cheese for burgers (can be replaced with brie, mozzarella, gouda, cheddar, or other types of cheese, according to your taste)
- An egg
- Add a little refined vegetable oil to your electric grill grate (or to a pan). It’s convenient to use the oil in the form of a spray bottle.
- Turn on the heat for the grill according to its instruction or place the pan on the stove over medium heat.
3. Prepare the patty. The ratio of the fillet to fat in minced meat should be approximately 80:20. There are several recipes for burger patties. Here are the main ones:
- Method 1: Beef + salt + pepper
- Method 2: Beef + salt + pepper + egg
- Method 3: Beef + salt + pepper + onion + egg + wheat or white bread that has been soaked in milk
- Method 4: Beef + salt + pepper + garlic + egg + wheat rusks or white bread soaked in milk + green onions + ketchup + Worcestershire sauce
4. Use your hands or a special mold to form a patty from the minced meat.
5. Grill the patty, according to the grilling instructions, until it’s cooked. You can cook it raw, rare, medium-rare, or well-done according to your taste. You should remember that in the first 3 cases, you have to be absolutely sure about the quality and freshness of the meat.
6. Fry the bacon until it turns a golden brown.
7. Fry an egg in a pan. The yolk should remain liquid. To do this, fry the egg over low heat.
8. When all the ingredients are ready, without letting them cool down, start assembling the burger.
9. Add sauce to the bottom of the pre-cut bun.
10. Place the hot patty on top of the sauce.
11. Place the cheese slice on the patty.
12. Put some more sauce on the cheese.
13. Place fried onions on top of the sauce. (To make them crispy, fry them until they’re golden brown in boiling refined vegetable oil. Then drain the oil). You can also use non-crunchy caramelized onions.
14. Place the fried egg on top of the fried onions.
15. Cover the egg with 1-2 pieces of bacon.
16. Place a thin slice of fresh onion on top of the bacon.
17. Cover the onion with lettuce.
18. Put some sauce and thinly sliced pickles on the lettuce.
19. Place a tomato slice on top of the pickles.
20. Add some more sauce to the tomato and cover the burger with the top part of the bun.
The ingredients of the burger can be varied. In addition to what we used in the recipe, you can add different products like jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, spinach, mushrooms, basil, avocado, and so on.
It’s not necessary to use a patty. It can be replaced with thinly sliced and cooked meat or a piece of fish fillet, breaded or not.
When choosing a sauce, you also don’t need to limit yourself to ketchup and mustard. Garlic sauce, barbecue, chili, or Thousand Island dressing are also great for a burger.
You can buy burger buns at the store or bake them yourself.
Before serving, you can warm up a bun in the oven, place it on the grill, or fry it in butter in a pan.
Serve the burger right away.