How to Make a Caesar Salad
Despite popular belief, the Caesar salad was not named after the famous Roman emperor. Its creator was Caesar Cardini, an Italian chef and restaurateur, who not only invented the recipe, but also made the salad really popular all over the world.
5-Minute Crafts would like to share the classic Caesar salad recipe with you.
You will need
- 1 head of iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 7 ounces of Parmesan cheese
- 12 to 14 ounces of chicken breast
- 1/2 loaf of bread
- 3 eggs
- 5 ounces of vegetable oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard (not very spicy)
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes
- a knife
- a cutting board
- 2 deep bowls
- a frying pan
- a baking tray
- a small saucepan
- a salad bowl
How to make it
1. Wash lettuce leaves thoroughly and dry them with a napkin.
2. Cut chicken into small pieces, then marinate it in a small bowl with salt, pepper, and soy sauce for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Alternative: If you don’t like the taste of soy sauce, you can marinate chicken with any other ingredients or just skip this step. However, marinated chicken will be juicier and softer after frying.
3. Remove crust from the bread with a thin knife. Cut the bread into thin pieces, then cut those into small cubes.
4. Grate garlic.
5. Put bread cubes into the deep bowl. Add 2/3 of grated garlic, some salt, and vegetable oil to them.
6. Cover the bowl with a big plate and shake the contents a few times to mix the ingredients well.
7. Put the bread cubes on the baking tray and bake them in the oven that has been preheated to 300°F, for 3 to 5 minutes.
8. Put the eggs into boiling water for one minute, then place them in cold water for another minute.
9. Put the eggs into a blender bowl, add mustard, 1/3 of the grated garlic, a little bit of Parmesan, the juice of 1/2 lemon, and approximately 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Blend the ingredients well to get a smooth mass. Add salt and pepper.
Important: The sauce should have a similar texture to thin sour cream. If it’s too thin, add more vegetable oil to it.
10. Put the sauce into the fridge and fry the chicken in the frying pan. 5 to 7 minutes will be enough to cook the chicken. The time depends on the size of chicken pieces.
11. Put the chicken into the salad bowl. Tear the lettuce leaves by hand and grate the Parmesan.
12. Cut the cherry tomatoes and add them to the salad.
13. To keep the baked bread crispy, sprinkle the salad with it right before serving. Pour the dressing on top.