How to Make a Carrot Cake
If you are looking for an easy, affordable, and tasty dessert, you might want to consider making a carrot cake. If you’re making it from scratch, it will take you about 90 minutes, give or take. 5-Minute Crafts put together a recipe for an amazing carrot cake.
A. The cake
What you’ll need
- A kneading machine
- A grater
- Measuring cups
- A cake baking pan
- 2 bowls
- 3 cups of grated carrots
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- ¾ cup of normal sugar
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp of vanilla essence
- 5 oz of walnuts
- Raisins (optional)
1. Peel and grate the carrot.
2. Sift the flour with a sieve on top of a bowl.
3. In the same way, sift baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Make sure you mix these ingredients well with a spoon and set them to the side.
5. In another bowl, add the eggs and beat them with a blender machine. After about 30 seconds, slowly add the oil and keep beating for 2 more minutes.
6. While still beating, add the normal sugar and the brown sugar. Keep on beating until all the ingredients are well mixed.
7. Add the vanilla essence and gradually incorporate the flour mixture you set aside at the beginning.
8. Once the flour is well mixed, add the 3 cups of carrots and mix with a spatula or spoon. Stir well. Mix in the chopped nuts and raisins (optional).
9. Butter and flour the cake pan. Pour in the mixture and bake for 60 minutes at 350ºF.
B. The frosting
- 7 oz of cream cheese
- 4 oz of butter
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
1. Let the cream cheese and the butter sit at room temperature for a while to soften. Place them in a bowl and beat until they’re well combined — approximately 40 seconds.
2. Sift the powdered sugar over the same bowl and keep stirring the mixture until the ingredients are well mixed.
3. Add vanilla essence and whisk using the blender to incorporate.
4. Cover the frosting bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Unmold the cake and place it on a plate.
6. Cover just the top with frosting or cover it completely. Enjoy!