How to Make a Cold Marzipan Cake
If you like marzipan, you will love making this dessert and just how easy it is to make it. 5-Minute Crafts teaches you how to prepare a delicious no-bake marzipan cake in a simple way. You can surprise your family with this cake. It’s ideal to enjoy with a cup of coffee or hot tea.
- 2 cups of peeled almonds
- 170 g Graham crackers
- 14 oz. (395 g) of dulce de leche
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp of powdered sugar (for decoration purposes)
- Use a food processor to grind the almonds until they are well ground. You will obtain a paste-like consistency without any lumps or pieces of almond left.
- Set aside and let it sit at room temperature in a glass container.
- Now process the cookies and ground them up as well. You don’t need to use a food processor if you don’t want to, you can go for a blender or a hand grinder. If you don’t have one of these appliances, you can also just grind the cookies manually. Place them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Set aside in a glass container.
Place the crushed cookies in a large bowl, then the almond paste and pour in the dulce de leche as well.
- Mix all of the ingredients together using your hands. Knead until you feel it has a smooth consistency and all ingredients are perfectly combined.
- Squeeze the oranges until you get about a 1/4 of a cup of juice. Place the sugar in a blender and pour in the orange juice. Blend well.
- Add the liquid to the dough, but do so little by little. Then mix with the help of a wooden or silicone spoon.
- When you achieve a consistency without lumps, pour the mixture into the mold of your choice. You won’t need to grease or flour it. The oil produced by the almond paste will help prevent the cake from sticking to the mold.
- Place the mold in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Just like with marzipan — you don’t need to bake anything in the oven. However, for the cake to take the shape of the mold and solidify, it is recommended to keep it cold at all times.
- Then, unmold the cake and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving. Serve and enjoy your marzipan cake.
- You can keep it in the refrigerator for 5 days without it losing its freshness or texture.