How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Latte
A Pumpkin Spice Latte is the perfect drink for when the weather turns cold. Although this drink became popular thanks to a well-known worldwide coffee chain, you can also just make it at home. It’s actually pretty simple. 5-Minute Crafts tell you how to make a nice “PSL”, but also, at the end of the article, we included a quick guide on how to make pumpkin puree.
⚠️ Recipes may vary, this is just a simplified version of how to make a PSL.
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree, can be homemade or canned
- A spoonful of sugar or sweetener (if you prefer sweeter coffee, you can just add the sugar once done)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp of ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp of ground cloves
- 450 ml of milk or plant milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 2 Italian espressos or 70 ml of very strong coffee
- Whipped cream to decorate
1. Place the pumpkin puree, sugar or sweetener, and spices in a bowl.
2. Mix the ingredients well.
3. Warm the milk in a pot and add vanilla essence and the pumpkin puree mix.
4. Heat over medium heat, but don’t let it boil. Whisk properly so that all the ingredients are well combined.
5. When it is very hot, add the coffee and the mix.
6. When serving, use a strainer to filter out the pumpkin remains.
7. Divide the contents into 2 cups, and top with whipped cream and a little bit of cinnamon powder.
How to make the pumpkin puree (no-oven recipe)
- To make a good homemade puree, wash and cut the pumpkin into chunks.
- In a steamer or a pot, add a cup of water and boil the pumpkin for about 15 minutes (you can add a little bit of sugar if you want an extra-sweet drink).
- As soon as the pumpkin feels tender, it’s ready.