How to Make a Red and Blue Berry Pie
Many of us love the taste of fruit, especially if it comes in the form of a sweet dessert. Different fruit can provide a pop of color and a particular citric flavor to pastries, enhance flavor, and can tempt anyone into having a piece. You can prepare this colorful dessert and accompany it with a cup of hot tea or coffee, or you can take it with you to enjoy while on a picnic with your friends.
5-Minute Crafts wants to show you an easy recipe to prepare a delicious red and blue berry pie.
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tsp of citric acid
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of almond paste
- 1/2 cup of strawberries, cut in halves
- 1/2 cup of blackberries or blueberries
- 1/2 cup of raspberries
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
1. Place the flour, baking powder, and citric acid in a deep bowl.
2. Then pour the water over the ingredients.
3. Add the almond paste and mix well until a homogeneous consistency is obtained.
4. Take the dough into your hands. If you feel that it’s too thin, you can add one more tablespoon of flour. Transfer it to the mold, which should have been previously greased or buttered and floured.
5. Flatten and spread the dough in the mold — you can use a spatula or the palm of your hands. Make sure it covers the entire inside surface of the mold.
6. Place the strawberry halves on top of the batter.
7. Fill it with the rest of the berries. You can alternate between blackberries and blueberries, or also add cherries or dried cranberries, along with a handful of crushed walnuts.
8. Sprinkle the cornstarch over the fruit. Bake at 350ºF (180°C) for 30 minutes.
- When you’re done, let the cake cool down for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving the cake in individual portions.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and fresh mint or mint leaves.
- You can keep the dessert refrigerated for 5 days. Leave it in its mold and cover it with plastic wrap, but just make sure to seal the mold well to prevent moisture from penetrating and spoiling the dessert.