How to Make an Apple Pie
Ah, the classic apple pie... Many fans love to enjoy this dessert hot right from the oven, next to a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or others love to pair it with a cup of coffee. 5-Minute Crafts will show you how to prepare and bake it step by step with this simple recipe.
For the dough:
2 cups of sifted wheat flour
10 tbsp butter (140 g)
½ cup of cold water
A pinch of salt
For the filling:
8-10 apples (thinly sliced)
3 tbsp white or brown sugar
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp butter (14 g)
1. Place the flour in a deep bowl and add the egg, butter, and a pinch of salt. Mix with a fork or a hand mixer. Next, pour in the cold water little by little.
2. Knead with your hands until you get a homogeneous dough with no lumps. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap. Leave it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 390° F. Take the dough out of the fridge and divide it into two equal parts. Store one half in the refrigerator. Roll out the other half on a floured flat surface with the help of a rolling pin. The dough should be approximately 3 to 5 mm thick.
4. Line the inside of a mold with the dough you just rolled. Press the bottom with a fork applying just a little pressure. Remove the dough that sticks out of the edges of the mold.
5. Put the sliced apples inside a deep bowl. Add the sugar, cinnamon, flour, and salt. Gently combine all the ingredients.
6. Add the mixture into the mold, little by little. Fill the inside, making sure to arrange the apples evenly. When you’re finished, add a few teaspoons of butter.
7. Take the other half of the dough from the refrigerator, roll it out with the rolling pin and cover the apple pie. You can cut it and decorate it if you wish to do so. Sprinkle a little sugar and cinnamon on top of the pie.
8. Bake at 415° F for 15 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 350° F and bake for another 30 minutes.
Remove the dessert from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature for at least 15 minutes before serving. Pair your apple pie with a scoop of ice cream or your favorite drink.
You can keep the pie covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for about 3 days.