How to Make an Easy Chicken Pie
Chicken pie is a complete, simple, and tasty dish. There are many recipes to make it, which is what makes it great: it’s truly versatile.
In any case, 5-Minute Crafts chose an easy and quick recipe to show you how to make it, step by step.
- 2 chicken breasts, filleted
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/2 lb (150 g) of serrano or smoked ham (to taste)
- 1/2 lb (150 g) of sliced cheese
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Dried thyme
- 1 lb (300 g) of grated cheese to sprinkle on top (e.g. mozzarella)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Cut the potato into half-centimeter slices.
2. Place a layer of sliced potato in a deep baking dish, like the kind you’d use for making lasagna. Season with salt, pepper, and chopped parsley. Dribble a little oil over the potatoes.
3. Place the baking dish with the potatoes in a preheated oven at 350ºF (180 °C) for 20-30 minutes. The potato should only be partially cooked and shouldn’t turn golden brown.
4. Cut the chicken breasts into thin slices of no more than half a centimeter of thickness.
5. Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and dried thyme.
6. After the potatoes have been in the oven for about 20-30 minutes, take out the baking dish. Place half of the chicken breasts onto the potato base.
7. Cover the chicken breasts with the cheese slices, as if you were making a lasagna layer.
8. Do the same on top of the cheese, but with a layer of ham.
9. Place another layer of sliced cheese on top of the ham.
10. And finally, put in the remaining chicken breasts.
11. Sprinkle the last layer of chicken breasts with grated cheese until it’s completely covered.
12. Raise the oven temperature to 380ºF (200 °C) and put the dish back in the oven for 20-30 minutes more.
13. When you see that the cheese has turned golden brown, remove the dish from the oven.
14. Cut the pie into portions and serve it using a spatula. Make sure to really insert the serving utensil all the way to the bottom of the deep dish so that the potatoes don’t crumble.