How to Make an Ice Cream Cake
This ice cream cake is easy to make, especially because there is no need for baking and you will only need a few simple ingredients like ice cream sandwiches.
We at 5-Minute Crafts decided to try out a cake recipe that only needs 15 minutes of prep time, and now we want to share it with you.
What you will need
- 8 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 lb chocolate ice cream, thawed for 15 minutes
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, thawed for 15 minutes
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 3.5 oz milk chocolate
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate
- 13×4 x 3 inch pan
- Aluminum foil
How to make it
1. Layer about 4 ice cream sandwiches on the bottom of the pan. Cut them if you need to fit them.
2. On top of the sandwiches spread the chocolate ice cream.
3. Top with another ice cream sandwich layer.
4. Crush the Oreo cookies.
5. Add the vanilla ice cream.
6. Stir to combine.
7. On the final ice cream sandwich layer spread the vanilla Oreo filling.
8. Cover with aluminum foil and freeze for at least 5 hours.
9. 30 minutes before you are about to take the layered ice cream out of the freezer, break the chocolate into pieces and add it into a double boiler.
10. Cook on low heat and stir constantly until melted, which takes about 10 minutes. Leave it to cool to room temperature before spreading on the ice cream cake.
Note: This is optional but you can add 3 tbsp of heavy cream into the melted chocolate if you want a softer ganache.
11. Spread the melted chocolate.
12. Cover with foil and freeze for one more hour.
13. Leave the cake for 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature before cutting.