How to Make Colored Popcorn
If you’re someone who likes to watch movies or have a series marathon of your favorite show while savoring freshly popped sweet popcorn, 5-Minute Crafts has something for you. We’d like to show you how to make colorful popcorn quickly and easily with just 3 ingredients and in 4 steps.
Surprise your friends with this sweet idea the next time you get together with them.
- ½ cup corn kernels (about 100 g)
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 packages of colored candies (about 100 g)
Heat a skillet on the cooktop over a low flame. Add the oil and the candies. Any colorful candies like Skittles will do.
Allow them to heat up for a few minutes, maintaining the same temperature during this time. However, make sure they don’t melt.
- Add the corn kernels to the skillet and use a spatula to mix everything well. You can also use a wooden spoon.
- Make sure that both ingredients are distributed evenly over the skillet, so that they cook evenly.
Cover the pan with a tempered glass lid that covers the whole skillet. In a couple of minutes, you will hear and see that the corn is starting to pop.
Keep the pan covered for 4 to 6 minutes. Then, turn off the stove and remove from the heat. Before removing the lid, wait for the popcorn to stop popping.
Enjoy your homemade colored popcorn
- Before serving, let the popcorn cool for a few minutes.
- You can serve it with your favorite beverage.