How to Make Creamy Carrot Soup
Carrot soup is a perfect dish for any time of the year. It can be served hot or cold and can be seasoned with your favorite spices. It’s easy to prepare, it’s fast, and it requires nothing but a few ingredients. If you are short on time this week and don’t want to turn your kitchen into a mess, it’s an ideal choice.
5-Minute Crafts wants to share with you a simple step-by-step recipe to prepare carrot soup.
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp cumin (optional)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 pinch of paprika (optional)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the carrot into slices. In a large pot, melt the butter with a drizzle of oil. The oil will prevent the butter from burning.
2. Sauté the carrot for about 5-7 minutes, stirring so it does not burn. The sautéing will add more character and a deeper flavor to the dish.
3. Pour in 2 and a half cups of water, cover the pot, and wait for it to start boiling.
4. When it comes to a boil, add the seasonings: salt, pepper, turmeric, paprika, and cumin. You can change the seasonings to your liking, for example, replacing the cumin with curry powder or nutmeg. Cover the pot, lower the heat, and let it boil for about 45 minutes. When the carrot is soft, remove the pot from the heat.
5. Wait for it to cool, then transfer the carrot with the cooking liquid to a blender.
6. Process the mixture well until it has a velvety creamy texture.
7. Now you can serve the soup. Add a little heavy cream and garnish as desired.