How To Make Creamy Chocolate Mousse With Only 2 Ingredients
If you have a hard time imagining life without chocolate, perhaps this dessert will make it even more difficult.
5-Minute Crafts wants to show you how to make a creamy chocolate mousse step-by-step with a quick and easy recipe. If you share it with your friends and family, we’re sure they’ll ask for an extra serving.
250 g of semisweet dark chocolate (chips or bar)
1 cup of heavy cream (keep half at room temperature and reserve the other half in the fridge)
1-2 tbsp white sugar (optional)
2-4 tbsp grated chocolate, walnuts, or chopped peanuts (optional, for garnish)
1. If you’re using chocolate bars, chop them.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or bain-marie: Heat a large pot with water, and place a glass bowl on top. When the water starts boiling, pour the chocolate into the bowl. If you’re using chocolate chips, put them in the microwave for 2 minutes, then remove and stir.
3. Pour half a cup of heavy cream, the one kept at room temperature, over the chocolate.
4. Stir steadily until the ingredients take on a creamy and uniform consistency. Remove the container from the stove and allow it to cool to room temperature.
5. Pour the cold heavy cream into a deep bowl and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, or until half-whipped. Add the amount of sugar you want. You could also use a manual beater in this step, but keep in mind that the beating speed has to stay constant until the cream is fluffy.
6. With the help of a big spoon, add the melted chocolate little by little while continuing to mix with the blender or manual mixer.
7. Keep whisking gently. It is essential to keep the movement constant when mixing to avoid the melted chocolate from solidifying with the cold cream.
8. Once you have achieved a creamy and fluffy consistency, transfer the mousse to a piping bag and serve in individual portions.
Decorate the mousse by grating chocolate on top of each portion, or by adding walnuts or chopped peanuts for a nutty flavor.
If you are not going to eat it immediately, you can keep it in the fridge for up to 2 days.