How to Make Creamy Mushroom Rice
Rice is a nutritious food, it’s simple to cook, and is very versatile. In fact, it can be used in salads, soups, and even desserts. 5-Minute Crafts wants to teach you how to prepare this easy recipe for creamy and delicious mushroom rice.
- 1 cup of raw rice
- 1 cup of cream
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup of chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives (optional)
1. In a frying pan, melt some butter or add a dash of oil to heat. Fry the onion until it becomes soft and translucent, then add the garlic.
2. When the onion becomes golden, add the mushrooms. Mix them well.
3. Add the rice. Stir all the ingredients well.
4. Pour in the water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook at a high heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
5. When you notice that the water is evaporating, lower the heat and cover the pan for 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Add the cream. Stir it well. If you wish, you can include a teaspoon of nutmeg.
7. Cover the pan and cook on low heat for 10 to 12 minutes.
8. After the cooking time has finished (and you remove the cover) you will notice that the rice has been perfectly cooked and that it has a creamy consistency. You can add parmesan cheese and decorate each portion with chives.