How to Make Crispy Onion Rings
Onion rings are delicious both as a snack and as an accompaniment to foods like hamburgers or wings. They may seem like a craving that can only be enjoyed in restaurants, but they are actually easy and inexpensive to prepare. With just a few ingredients and in a short time, you can enjoy them too. They’re crispy and tasty!
5 Minute Crafts shows you how to make them in 7 steps.
- 1 white onion
- 1 cup of wheat flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tsp of yeast
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
Peel the onion and cut it into rings about half an inch (1 cm) thick.
Separate the onion rings well that come off the cut.
- Place the rings in a bowl of cold water.
- Let them sit for 10 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolk.
- Add the milk slowly and continue beating.
- Sift the flour, yeast, and salt so that the ingredients can be mixed better and without lumps.
- Add the olive oil and stir the mixture.
- Add the mixture obtained with the egg yolk and milk to the sifted ingredients.
- Beat until the ingredients are well incorporated without lumps.
- Drain the onion rings well.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat.
- When the pan is hot, coat the onion rings with the mixture and fry them over medium heat until golden brown.
- Remove the rings and place them on absorbent paper to remove any excess oil.
- Serve them alone or with your favorite sauce.