How to Make Dalgona Candy
Dalgona candy is a traditional Korean candy made of sugar and baking soda. It’s usually sold by street vendors and, nowadays, it has reached even more popularity due to its appearance on the Netflix series, The Squid Game.
5-Minute Crafts will show you how to make dalgona candy at home so you can surprise your guests with this easy, sweet snack.
- A small pot or frying pan
- A wooden chopstick
- Cookie cutters
- A jar lid (or any other utensil with a flat round metal surface that can be used as a presser)
- Baking paper (optional)
To make 4 to 5 servings, you will need:
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of water
- 1/3 tsp of baking soda
How to do it
- Coat the cookie cutters and the presser with baking soda. Then sprinkle some of the product on top of a non-stick surface or over a sheet of baking paper. This will prevent the melted sugar from sticking to them.
- Pour 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 tbsp of water into the pot or frying pan, and place it on the stove on the lowest heat. Stir the mixture in a quick circular motion with the wooden chopstick for 2 minutes until the sugar melts and turns into a soft golden color.
- Remove the pot or frying pan from the heat and add 1/3 tsp of baking soda to the mixture. Stir quickly until the ingredients are well-combined.
- Pour the paste onto the non-stick surface forming small circles. Make sure to do it very quickly to prevent the mixture from hardening.
- Press down each of the circles with your jar lid or presser to thin them out. Coat the lid with more baking soda if necessary.
- Decorate your dalgona candy by pressing the cookie cutters gently on each circle.
- Let the candy cool down, and enjoy.