How to Make Gravy
Gravy goes well with many different meals. It brings a delicious dash of extra flavor and you can make it in just a few minutes. 5-Minute Crafts brings you 2 easy gravy recipes: a traditional one and a vegan alternative so that everyone can enjoy it.
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of turkey pan drippings
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- Ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of freshly minced thyme
- 1 teaspoon of freshly minced sage
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add flour and whisk until golden for around 1 minute.
Add the turkey pan drippings and whisk it all together.
Bring the mixture to a boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer gently until it’s slightly thickened.
Stir in the fresh herbs.
Add the chicken broth and whisk everything together with the herbs.
Season it with salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
Simmer for around 10 minutes. Gradually add more broth if the gravy is too thick.
- 2 tablespoons of vegan butter or margarine
- 1 onion (diced small)
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
Heat the vegan butter or margarine over medium heat in a large skillet.
Add onions and sauté for around 2 minutes.
Add the flour and garlic salt. Sauté everything together for about 5 minutes. Stir often so that the flour doesn’t burn.
Add the vegetable broth and cornstarch. Stir everything well.
Once you bring it to a boil, reduce the heat to low or medium-low. Let it simmer slowly and stir things frequently to make sure no clumps form. Stir until it thickens.
Add the nutritional yeast (optional) and soy sauce. Reduce the heat to very low.
Cook everything for 1 more minute, stirring along the way. If needed, you can add more liquid.