How to Make Greek Salad
Greek salad is one of the most popular salads in the world. Thanks to its vibrant taste and simple recipe, it’s the perfect side dish for any occasion and it could easily become your favorite salad to garnish your dishes with.
5-Minute Crafts wants to share a classic recipe for preparing a Greek-style salad with you. Bear in mind that recipes may vary from country to country and that this is not a horiatiki salad, the original Greek salad.
A sharp chef’s knife
A cutting board
A salad bowl
A small bowl to mix the dressing in
To prepare a salad for 6 people, you’ll need:
3 or 4 tomatoes (6 or 7 if they’re small)
1 bell pepper
1 red onion
1 pot of Kalamata olives (black olives)
3 or 4 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of oregano
1. Wash all the vegetables well and place them on paper towels to remove excess moisture.
2. Remove the seeds from the bell pepper. To do this, cut the stem in a circular motion and then remove the seeds. Rinse the inside and wait for it to dry.
3. Peel the onion and cut it into rings. Then cut these in half. If the onion is a big one, you can cut the halved rings in half again.
4. Cut the tips of the cucumbers and divide them lengthwise into 2 parts. Then divide each part in half and cut each one into big slices.
5. Cut the tomatoes into large slices and the peppers into thin strips.
6. Dice the cheese.
7. Add the olives. You can cut them in slices or just add them whole without cutting.
8. For the dressing, mix lemon juice, olive oil, and oregano in a separate bowl.
Optional: If you’re up for trying something new, you can add 1 tablespoon of honey to the dressing. This will make the salad taste less salty.
9. Pour the dressing over the salad, stir, and serve.