How to Make Homemade Caramel Popcorn
Next time you’re having friends over to your house to watch a movie, or if you’re planning on staying in during the weekend to binge-watch your favorite series, you have to try caramel popcorn. While you might be able to just buy it at the supermarket, making it at home is easy and it doesn’t take long. In fact, 5-Minute Crafts will show you a recipe that only requires 3 ingredients.
What you’ll need
- Frying pan
- Heat-resistant tempered glass bowl
- ½ cup of corn kernels (about 100g)
- 2 tbsp of butter (about 60 g)
- 1 bag of dulce de leche candies (100 g approximately). You can replace them with ½ cup of sugar or ½ can of dulce de leche.
- Put the butter and sweets in the frying pan. You can replace the candies with ½ can of dulce de leche or ½ cup of sugar.
- Stir gently. Wait for everything to melt at low heat.
When the mix of butter and sweets/sugar becomes liquid, add the corn kernels and stir to combine.
Cover the pan with a tempered glass bowl (make sure that it can resist high temperatures) or with the lid of the pot. In a couple of minutes, you’ll hear and see the corn popping. Wait 5 to 7 minutes, until the popcorn stops popping.
Remove the pan from the heat. Put a thick dry cloth on the bowl, and quickly flip it over while holding it. Be careful, it’s very warm. Let the popcorn cool down for a few minutes before eating.