How to Make Homemade Pizza Dough
This Italian dish is very popular around the whole world and people love to create their own versions at home. The perfect dough is the secret to any great pizza, and 5-Minute Crafts wants to show you how to make yours.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil and more for the bowl and for brushing
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 4 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast
- 2 tsp of salt
The steps you need to take:
1. Mix the water and yeast.
Place 1/2 cup of warm water into a bowl and sprinkle it with the yeast. Then wait until it’s foamy (which should be about 5 minutes).
2. Add sugar, oil, salt, and flour to the yeast mixture.
After letting the mixture sit for 5 minutes, start stirring the above ingredients with the yeast mixture until a sticky dough forms.
3. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl.
Put your sticky dough in an already-oiled bowl and brush its top with oil as well.
4. Cover it and wait for around 1 hour.
Cover it with plastic and set it aside. It’s time to wait until the dough grows bigger — pretty much double its size. This should take around 1 hour.
5. Add flour to a flat surface and knead the dough.
After waiting for 1 hour, your dough should be double its original size. Dump the dough onto an already-floured surface and gently knead it 1 or 2 times.
6. Cut it into smaller pieces
With this recipe, you can make more than one pizza at once. You just need to cut the dough into smaller pieces with a knife.
7. Spread the dough with your fingers.
Place the dough on an oily surface and press it out using your fingers until it forms a round shape.
8. Put on your toppings, place it in the oven, and it’s ready!
The dough is ready! Now you can add your favorite toppings, wait for it to cook in the oven at 400ºF for 30 minutes, and enjoy your delicious homemade pizza.