How to Make Hot Adobo Chicken Wings in 3 Steps
Hot adobo chicken wings are very easy to make; they’re the perfect twist to classic buffalo wings. You can make them at home, and you don’t even need to put them in the oven to make them delicious and crispy.
5-Minute Crafts shows you how to prepare them.
- 15 chicken wings
- 6 guajillo chilies
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ stick achiote
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups (500 ml) of frying oil
Step 1: Making the adobo
Boil the chilies and clean them by removing the stem, seeds, and veins.
2. Place them in the blender along with the achiote paste, vinegar, honey, and orange juice. If you can’t find achiote, you can replace it with a combination of paprika, white vinegar, oregano, cumin, and garlic.
3. Season with garlic, onion, salt, and pepper to taste and blend.
Step 2: Marinate
- Precook the chicken wings by boiling them in water for a while.
- Then place them together with the marinade in a deep bowl.
- Stir until all the wings are well coated.
- Refrigerate for half an hour while still in the marinade.
Step 3: Deep frying
- Place a skillet on the stove over medium heat and add the oil. Wait for it to be hot, then fry the wings. Don’t fry them all at the same time, do it in batches.
- Brown the wings on both sides.
- Take them out and place them on paper towels.
- Serve with carrot sticks or French fries.