How to Make Ranch Dressing
Versatile, easy to make, and full of flavor, ranch dressing is a classic of American cuisine. It’s often used as an accompaniment to French fries or baked potatoes, and to dress salads of all kinds.
5-Minute Crafts wants to show you a simple recipe that you can prepare in just 5 steps.
To make about 1 cup of dressing, you’ll need:
- ½ cup of whole or skim milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- ½ tbsp onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Chives (optional)
- Black pepper
- Pour 2 tablespoons of lemon juice into the milk and let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Use whole milk if you want the dressing to be creamier.
- Doing this is what gives ranch dressing its slightly sour flavor that is so distinctive.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, and parsley.
- Remove the green part of the garlic for a milder flavor.
- Add the milk to the onion, garlic, and parsley.
- Then, pour in the mayonnaise and mix until you get a smoother consistency.
- If you want, you can use a food processor to blend the dressing. Blend it for just a few seconds so as to not chop the parsley too fine.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir again and let stand for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- If you want to, you can top your ranch dressing with a few chopped chives and enjoy it with French fries, salads, or any other recipe of your choice.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. In any case, we recommend that you don’t eat it if you notice that it has a strange color or aroma.