How to Make Roasted Duck With Apples
Roasted duck with apples is a sophisticated hot dish that will become the centerpiece of your festive table. The recipe is very simple, and you’ll be happy with the results.
5-Minute Crafts would like to share a simple and detailed recipe of roasted duck with apples and prunes, with you. Your friends and family will love the taste of this dish.
You will need:
- a 4-pound duck
- 5 medium-sized apples (choose apples with a sweet and sour taste)
- 10 ounces of prunes
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of a mixture of ground pepper
- Wash the duck, and dab it dry with a paper towel. See if there is a sachet with liver inside the carcass. If so, remove it.
- Mix salt and pepper, and rub the poultry inside and outside.
- Make a marinade by mixing the soy sauce, mustard, olive oil, and honey.
- Place the duck into a mold or on a rimmed baking tray. Cover the duck thoroughly with the marinade inside and outside. Use the entire marinade you made. Leave the duck to marinate for 2 hours.
- Prepare the apples and prunes. Wash the apples, core them, and cut each of them into 8 pieces.
- After the duck has been marinating for a couple of hours, fill it tightly with apples and prunes. Fasten the edges with toothpicks. Put the remaining apples and prunes that don’t fit inside, around the poultry.
- Tuck the skin of the duck’s neck inward, under the breast bone.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F. Put the duck in the oven, cover it with aluminum foil. Roast it for about 90 minutes. About 15 minutes before the end of cooking, remove the foil to brown the duck. Pierce the meat with a toothpick to check if it’s done. If the liquid flowing out of the hole is clear, the bird is ready.
- Serve the duck on a big plate decorated with the fruits it was roasted with.
- Bon appetite!