How to Make Russian Salad
Russian salad is a beloved specialty among gourmands in many Eastern Slavic nations and beyond for many years now. You can serve this tasty specialty as a side or have it as a main dish. And the preparation of Olivier, which is another name for the dish, is actually enjoyable.
5-Minute Crafts will show you how to make delicious Russian salad in a few hours.
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.
You will need:
- 6 mid-sized potatoes
- 2–3 carrots, depending on the size
- 300 grams of peas
- 300 grams of ham or chicken fillet
- 300 grams of mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 6–7 pickles
Step 2: Cook the vegetables and get other components ready.
1. Peel the potatoes and carrots and cut them into small cubes. Next, mix the carrots and potatoes with peas, boil 2 liters of water, and add the mixed vegetables and cook them until they soften (stir every few minutes).
2. Pour the vegetables into a drainer and leave them to cool.
While you wait for the vegetables to cool: Boil the eggs for about 10 minutes, peel them, and cut them into small cubes. Then cut the ham into tiny cubes (if you chose chicken fillet, cook the meat and cut it into small cubes). Finally, cut the pickles into even smaller cubes than the rest of the ingredients.
Step 3: Finalize the dish.
1. Once the vegetables cool off, mix them with cut eggs, ham, and pickles and stir well to mix everything evenly.
2. If you chose chicken fillet instead of ham, add the meat to the mix.
3. Add salt (optional), then mayonnaise, and stir again.
Step 4: Serve the meal.
You can have the specialty dish as soon as you complete preparing it. Also, consider putting the dish in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
Tip: Fried pork meat or fish and baked cheese pie are some dishes you can pair Russian salad with.