How to Make Turkish Coffee
People drink around 2.25 billion cups of coffee every day and there are a lot of ways of making coffee. But not everyone knows how to make classic Turkish coffee.
5-Minute Crafts offers a simple Turkish coffee recipe you can use.
To make Turkish coffee you will need:
- coffee grinder
- copper cezve with silver or stainless steel on the inside
- a long spoon
- 2 tsp of coffee beans or ground coffee
- 120 ml of filtered water
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
How to make
- Grind coffee beans in a coffee grinder for 40-50 seconds. Do it in turns to prevent the grinder from overheating — it might impact the coffee’s taste.
- Ground coffee should feel velvety.
3. Put the coffee into the cezve. 2 tsp will make one cup.
4. Add salt and sugar. Sugar is not necessary but a pinch of salt will help you pull out the taste of coffee.
5. Mix the dry ingredients.
6. Add filtered water. 60 ml for 1 tsp of coffee.
7. Make sure the water level is not above the narrow part of the cezve.
8. Put the cezve on medium heat. The coffee will start to heat gradually.
9. When you see the foam, reduce the heat.
11. Watch the foam. When it starts to go up, remove the cezve from the heat and wait for the foam to go down.
12. Put the cezve back on the heat and wait for the foam to go up, remove it from the heat, and put it back on.
13. Repeat these actions 4-5 times. It will be enough for the extraction process when the coffee will release its essential oils.
14. Remove the cezve from the heat.
- Don’t let the coffee boil. The perfect temperature is 95°С.
- When the coffee is made, add 1 tsp of icy water to make the coffee particles go down.
- Before you pour the coffee into a cup, wait 1-2 minutes.
- Use warm cups for serving to make the flavor perfect.