How to Make Yeast-Free Bread
Yeast-free bread is steadily gaining popularity because it’s easier to digest, considered to be a dietary product, and is healthier than regular bread. There are hundreds of recipes for this kind of bread but not all of them can be brought to life with the ingredients found in a typical kitchen.
5-Minute Crafts has chosen an easy-to-make bread recipe without yeast that has the texture of regular white bread and tastes like it too.
To make yeast-free bread, you’ll need:
- A bowl
- A silicone spatula (can be replaced with a spoon)
- A kitchen scale
- A baking dish
- Baking parchment
21 oz of premium white flour
1.4 oz of baking powder
0.5 oz of sugar
1 tsp of salt
20 oz of warm milk
2.3 oz of any vegetable oil
1. Combine all the dry ingredients — flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
2. Add milk and butter preheated to room temperature.
3. Stir the dough thoroughly with a silicone spatula. Make sure that there are no lumps. The dough should be thick, sticky, and firm.
4. Place the parchment in a baking dish so that its edges remain outside. This will make it easier to remove the bread from the mold.
5. Bake the bread in an oven preheated to 428°F for 30 minutes (and in ventilation mode at up to 392°F).
6. Cover the bread with foil and bake for another 20 minutes. This time, the temperature should be set at 392°F (356°F in ventilation mode).
7. When the bread is ready, let it cool for 5 minutes in the baking dish and then leave it on the wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
8. Store yeast-free bread in a cool dark place, preferably in a paper bag, but you can also keep it in a plastic bag.