How to Prepare Coated Stuffed Peppers
When we talk about chiles rellenos capeados, we are referring to a classic of Mexican cuisine. Some may think that the preparation of this delicious dish is very complicated, but it can actually be prepared very easily at home.
5-Minute Crafts brings you a step-by-step recipe for chiles rellenos con carne molida (stuffed peppers with ground beef) so you can show off for your family.
- 8 poblano peppers
- 14 oz (400 g) of ground beef
- 1 large potato
- 2 lbs (1 kg) of tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 8 eggs
- Flour, as needed
- 1 glass of water
- Oil, as needed
- Salt, to taste
1. Cut the tomatoes into chunks, peel a clove of garlic, and put the ingredients in a blender. Add a glass of water and blend well.
2. In a saucepan, pour a little oil, heat it, and add the processed tomatoes. Fry the sauce.
3. Wash the cilantro well. Use as much as you want. Put it in the pot, add salt to taste, and let it boil over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes until the sauce is reduced and has a medium-thick consistency.
4. In a frying pan, add a little oil and put in the ground beef. As it cooks, mix and crush the large pieces of meat so that everything is the same size.
5. Peel a large potato and cut it into small cubes.
6. When the flesh changes color, add the potato to the pan and stir the ingredients. Let it cook for about 10-15 minutes over medium heat until the potato gets tender.
7. Wash the poblano peppers well and roast them over direct heat.
8. Once roasted, place them in a bag to sweat.
9. Carefully make a neat cut in each of the peppers and remove the skin and the seeds.
10. Stuff the peppers with the cooked ground beef.
11. When you finish stuffing the peppers, close them carefully using wooden skewers.
12. Dredge the closed peppers in flour until they are well floured.
13. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Using a mixer, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
14. When the egg whites are beaten, add the egg yolks one by one and continue beating so that they are well incorporated.
15. In a frying pan, add enough oil and let it heat up. Coat the stuffed and floured peppers with the beaten eggs. Fry them in the oil.
16. Put the fried peppers in the pan with the tomato sauce and let them cook for about 5 minutes over low heat.