How to Make Stress Relief Toys
If you often click a pen, tap your fingers on the table, or bite your nails, stress relief toys can become a great remedy for you. They will not only help you get rid of bad habits, but they can also help you reduce anxiety and tension.
5-Minute Crafts would like to show you 4 simple methods for how to make DIY stress relief toys.
1. A ball
- a balloon
- Squeeze out the toothpaste inside the balloon. Add some water to make it more runny. If any air gets in, release it before proceeding to the next step.
- Tie the top of the balloon into a knot. Cut off the excess.
- Put the mesh over the balloon.
2. A spinner
- modeling clay
- a bearing
- hot glue
- petroleum jelly
- nail polish
- Cut out the cardboard in the shape of the future spinner.
- Make a flat circle of the modeling clay which is a little larger than the cardboard cutout.
- Put the cutout on the modeling clay and press it down slightly.
- Take out the cardboard. Lubricate the indentation with petroleum jelly. Place the bearing in the center.
- Fill each wing with hot glue. When it dries, remove the modeling clay structure.
- Paint the spinner with nail polish.
3. An egg
- table vinegar
- an egg
- Pour vinegar into a glass. The amount should be enough to cover the egg completely.
- Put the egg into the vinegar. Leave it for 24 hours.
- Take the egg out of the vinegar with a spoon. Put it into a cup of water and rinse well, then peel off the shell.
❗️ Do not eat this egg after the experiment.
4. Kinetic sand
- 2.5 cups of sand (clean, fine, and smooth)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp of corn starch
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 tsp of dishwasher detergent
- food coloring (optional)
- Pour the corn starch into the sand. Stir the ingredients with your hands. Remember to wear gloves.
- Add soapy water to the mixture. Stir again. The consistency of the mixture should look crumbly, but it should keep its shape when you squeeze it.
- Use food coloring to make it colorful if desired.
💡 Your first attempt may not be successful. Don’t worry — repeat the procedure again. If this still doesn’t work out, try changing the sand.