2 Ways to Make an Activated Charcoal Mask
One of the most complete masks for facial care is the activated charcoal mask. It helps to open the pores of your face while at the same time eliminates impurities. It can also help you prevent acne and the formation of blackheads. 5-Minute Crafts teaches you how to create your own activated carbon mask at home in 2 different, but equally easy ways.
1. With unflavored gelatin
- 5-6 activated charcoal tablets
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin powder
- 3 tbsp of hot water
- Place the activated charcoal tablets and the gelatin in a container.
- Add the hot water and mix well until you obtain a moderately thick consistency but without any lumps. Let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Dip a flat make-up brush into the mix to get a bit of the mix you just made.
- Apply the mask to your face, always keeping it away from the eye contour area.
- Leave on for 10 minutes. Then gently remove it.
2. With clay
- 15 tablets of activated charcoal
- 3 tbsp of hot water
- 3 tbsp of white clay
- Crush the activated charcoal tablets, pour in the hot water, and add the clay.
- Stir well until you get a viscous consistency without lumps.
- Place the mixture in an empty deodorant container. Allow it to solidify before use.
- Apply to the desired areas. Wait 10 minutes before removing the mask.
Tips and suggestions
- Before using any type of mask you should always wash your face and make sure you’re not wearing any makeup
- After using the activated charcoal mask, rinse your face with plenty of warm water. Dry and moisturize your face with a special face cream.
- For a deeper facial cleansing, you can use an exfoliant after applying the mask.
- If you have oily skin, you can use activated charcoal masks a maximum of twice a week. If you have dry skin, only use it once every 2 weeks.
- Activated charcoal works as a natural anti-inflammatory and helps to heal wounds or cuts. If you are stung by a bee or have irritated pores, you can apply it as a paste, it will lower the swelling and calm the pain.
- Don’t forget to check with your dermatologist before applying any facial product.