7 Ways to Pamper Your Feet
We usually worry about taking care of our skin and hair, but we often forget to give the same attention to our feet.
5-Minute Crafts offers you some tips so you can pamper, soothe, and keep them healthy after spending all day walking or wearing tight shoes.
1. Soak them in milk and rose petals
- Place your feet in a deep bowl, add at least a liter of warm milk with 1 or 2 tablespoons of rose water, and a bunch of rose petals.
- Keep your feet submerged for at least 30 minutes. Try to relax and enjoy this time. Then, remove them and dry them well.
- The milk will help soften the skin on your feet without making them greasy. In addition to pampering them, they will have a very pleasant smell. At the end, apply a little moisturizing cream.
2. Apply a honey mask with activated charcoal
- Mix a tablespoon of bentonite clay, honey, and activated charcoal in a bowl. Stir the components until a homogeneous texture is achieved.
- With the help of a brush, apply the mixture to your feet. Try to cover the entire surface.
- Allow it to adhere to the skin and act for approximately 30 minutes. Then, take it from one corner and slowly peel it off. Your feet will be exfoliated and free of impurities thanks to the antibacterial power of activated charcoal.
3. Dip them in beaten eggs
- Wrap your feet with toilet paper, as if it were a bandage.
- In a deep bowl, pour 5-6 beaten eggs. Immerse your feet. Allow the liquid to act on the skin for at least 20 minutes.
- Then, take them out and remove the paper that is adhered to your feet. You can rinse them if you wish.
- Your feet will feel softer. This is due to the vitamins and minerals contained in the eggs, which keep the skin healthy and prevent the wear and tear of the skin.
4. Exfoliate them with wax and coconut oil
- In a deep bowl, melt a candle that’s at least 8 inches (20 cm) tall. Then, add a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Mix both ingredients well.
- With the help of a brush, apply the mixture to your heels while it is still slightly warm, before the wax hardens.
- Allow the wax to solidify before removing it. Your heels will be soft. Coconut oil is a product that is frequently used in cosmetology because of its moisturizing properties, which help remove dead skin cells.
5. Give them a massage with oil
- After a long day of walking in heels or closed-toe shoes, your feet may become swollen and red. Put foot oil on your toes. Interlace them with your fingers and put pressure on them.
- Then, with your fingers, rub the sole, from the heel to the toes.
- Continue the massage by making circular movements on the soles of your feet. This way, you will also help improve the circulation in the area and relieve pain or swelling.
6. Place a mud mask on the soles of your feet
- In a bowl, place 3 tablespoons of bentonite clay and add half a cup of water. Stir the ingredients until a pasty texture is obtained.
- With the help of a brush, apply the mixture to the soles of your feet. Leave it on for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the dry product with a damp towel. With this mask, you will make your feet feel soft. At the same time, it will remove toxins and bacteria since bentonite clay contains negatively charged ions that adhere to chemicals and heavy metals.
7. Refresh them with sugar and tomato sauce
- In a bowl, mix 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce and 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- Place the mixture in 2 plastic bags, trying to divide it into equal amounts. Put one foot in each bag.
- Put on thick socks, preferably of wool. Leave on for 10 minutes.
- Afterward, remove the product by washing your feet well and then drying them. This way you will pamper your feet, exfoliating them in a natural way.
- However, if you have sensitive skin, you need to be very cautious about using this treatment. You can start with a small amount as a trial and see how your skin reacts.