How to Choose the Best Eyebrow Shape for Your Face
Finding the right eyebrow shape helps you improve symmetry, changes your facial expression, and even takes years off your age. So 5-Minute Crafts prepared a short guide for you on how to choose an eyebrow shape, depending on the shape of your face.
How to find your face shape:
1. Take a ruler and measure the length of your face, then divide it by 3.
2. Measure the length from the bottom of your nose to the bottom of your chin:
- If the second number is more than the first number, you probably have a long face.
- If the second number is less than the first number, you probably have a round face.
- If the second number equals the first number, you probably have an oval face.
1. Round face
- The length and the width of your face are roughly the same.
- Your cheeks are the widest part of your face.
Eyebrow goal: To lengthen your face and create the illusion of a slimmer face
⛔ Avoid round and flat eyebrows, as they can make your face look even rounder.
Tip: You can also brush your eyebrows upward, to visually lift your face.
2. Oval face
- Your forehead is wider than your chin.
- You have prominent cheekbones.
- Your face looks symmetrical.
- You have a narrow chin.
Eyebrow goal: To balance your facial features
⛔ Avoid an arch that is too high, otherwise, your face won’t look symmetrical.
3. Square face
- Your forehead, cheekbones, and jawline are about the same width.
- The squared jawline is the most obvious feature of your face.
- Your chin is less defined.
Eyebrow goal: To draw attention to your eyes and eyebrows and soften the angles of your jaw
✅ Choose thick eyebrows with a soft defined arch.
⛔ Avoid sharp and angled eyebrows as they can add even more angles to your look.
Tip: If you like curved eyebrows, you can also choose this shape. They will make your square jaw look softer.
4. Heart-shaped face
Eyebrow goal: To soften the angular areas on your face and balance your longer chin
✅ Choose soft, rounded eyebrows that are thick enough to create a natural look.
⛔ Avoid arched eyebrows that are too high, because they can bring too much attention to your forehead.
Tip: Higher arches look best on shorter heart-shaped faces, while lower arches suit longer heart-shaped faces.
5. Diamond-shaped face
- Your face is highly angular.
- Your forehead is small.
- Your chin is pointed.
- Your cheeks are wide and prominent.
Eyebrow goal: To soften the angles of your face and make the widest part of the face appear less wide
✅ Choose long curved eyebrows to make your forehead look wider.
⛔ Avoid over-defined ends on your eyebrows if you don’t want them to look too harsh.
6. Long face
Eyebrow goal: To add width to your face and make it look shorter
✅ Choose flat eyebrows with an elongated downward curve to make your face look wider.
⛔ Avoid any arches if you don’t want your face to look longer.