How to Create Curls With a Hair Straightener
Many women think that a hair straightener is a very simple device used to straighten hair and make it look silky. But in fact, this device can also curl hair, making locks different in size and volume.
5-Minute Crafts has collected several ways to curl hair with an ordinary hair straightener.
Important. Before using a hair straightener, we recommend that you apply a thermal protection product to your hair. While using a hair straightener, don’t keep it in the same spot for a long time, or you will damage the hair structure. Don’t use a hair straightener on wet hair, dry it before the procedure.
Way № 1
- Take a lock of hair.
- Make a tight roll.
- Press it with a hot straightener and slowly move from the roots to the ends.
- Do the same with the rest of your hair.
Fix the result with hairspray.
Way № 2
- Use a fork to make a lock at the roots.
- Wrap the lock on the fork. Hold the tip in the same hand that is holding the fork.
- Touch the hair on the fork with a hot hair straightener for just a few seconds.
- Remove the fork and free the lock. Do the same with the rest of the hair to get light waves.
Way № 3
- Take a lock of hair and wrap it around a chopstick.
- Touch the hair on the chopstick with a hot hair straightener for just a few seconds moving from the roots toward the ends.
Remove the chopstick, you should have small waves. Do the same with the rest of the hair.
Way № 4
- Take a lock of hair and wrap it around your fingers.
- Put a piece of tin foil under the wrap and secure it around the lock of hair.
- Apply a hot hair straightener to the lock for a few seconds.
- Remove the foil and let the lock hang free. You should have a big soft lock of hair.
Way № 5
- Take a hairpin and wrap hair around it like the photo shows.
- Secure the lock on the pin.
- Apply a hair straightener for a few seconds.
Let the hair hang free. You should have a small wavy lock of hair in a retro style.
Way № 6
- Put your hair in a ponytail. Free the lower locks. Wrap one of the locks on a hot hair straightener as the photo shows.
- Still holding the grip, pull the straightener down to the end of the lock.
- The lock should look very good now. If needed, fix it with your fingers. Do the same with the rest of your hair.
- Then, bend forward and put some hairspray on the hair and spray it again when you are standing straight. Done!