How to Do a Korean Skin Care Routine in 10 Steps
Facial care routines from Korea are known to be very effective, as they focus on preventing various skin conditions and problems rather than treating them after they’ve already appeared. Moreover, they have become very popular because they can produce excellent results if you’re consistent.
5-Minute Crafts will show you how to follow this method to start your day by giving your face some extra time, love, and care.
1. Oil-based cleansing soap
- In this first step, remove dirt from your skin using an oil-based cleanser, gently massaging it into a dry face and removing it with water. This will help remove makeup, excess oil, and other agents that can build up in pores from pollution.
2. Water-based cleansing soap
3. Exfoliating scrub
- To remove dead skin cells and promote the absorption of the products you will apply next, use an exfoliating scrub. Gently massage it into your face and rinse.
- It’s recommended to use it up to 2 times a week, but this will depend on your skin type and the amount of pollutants you are exposed to. If your skin is too sensitive, a gentle chemical exfoliation by a professional is recommended.
- Serums or ampoules are topical products that contain concentrated amounts of active ingredients. Their long-term use can help improve specific skin conditions, such as blemishes, acne, and expression lines, among others.
- If your skin is dry, a moisturizing serum is recommended; in the presence of acne, use one with salicylic acid. Choose the one that best suits your needs and corrects what you want. Apply directly to your skin.
7. Sheet mask
8. Eye contour cream
9. Moisturizing cream or lotion
- To seal in the moisture from the above products, apply the cream that best suits your skin type, massaging it gently over your face and neck.