How to Do Face Yoga
Just like the rest of the body, your face can benefit from different exercises. Doing them regularly can help you to tone your face muscles, correct sagging, firm your neckline, and make your face less rounded.
5-Minute Crafts offers you 10 effective exercises for your face. They’re quick and easy to perform and can be done at any time of the day.
1. Forehead smoother
- Position the knuckles of your middle and index fingers at the center of your forehead. Gently press onto the skin.
- Keeping that pressure, start moving your knuckles to the sides of your forehead, then to your temples.
- Finish by gently pressing your temples with your knuckles.
2. Cheekbone definer
- Place your middle, index, and thumb fingers at the top of your cheeks.
- Moving up your cheekbones, start gently pinching them, pressing the fingertips down into the muscles.
- Bring your chin slightly forward and curl your lower lip over your teeth.
- Lift the corners of your lips, forming a smile, and bring your chin up. Push the chin upward for 10 seconds, then release.
4. Puffer fish
- Close your mouth and puff your cheeks out, filling them with as much air as you can. Hold it.
- If there are any small lines created around your mouth, place the tips of your fingers on your top lip and try to tighten the skin.
- Close your mouth and puff your cheeks up.
- With your fingers, gently tap your cheeks. Don’t forget to breathe.
6. “O” shape
- Form an “O” shape with your mouth and curl your lips over your teeth.
- Hold for 30 seconds, and relax.
7. Forced smile
- Put the tips of your index fingers on your cheekbones — the fingertips should be right below the eyes. Gently lift the skin up.
- Open your mouth and curl your bottom lip over your teeth.
- Smile and hold the position for a couple of seconds. Then go back and relax your muscles.
8. Double tension
- Place your fists under the jaw and gently start pushing onto them.
- Open your mouth and start pushing your jaw down, creating resistance. Hold it for 3 seconds, then release.
- Open your mouth and bring your tongue forward.
- Lift the tip of the tongue up toward the tip of your nose. Turn your head to the side and hold it for 10 seconds.
- Firmly squeeze the bridge of your nose with your thumb and index fingers.
- With the index finger of your other hand, push the tip of your nose. Keep the pressure upward.
- Push your upper lip down toward the floor. Hold the lip down for several seconds, then relax it, but keep pressing your nose with your index finger.