How to Grow Longer Eyelashes at Home
Eyelashes are an essential part of the eye’s protection mechanism, but that doesn’t mean that they have to look ugly. On the contrary, healthy and long eyelashes give a beautiful, glowing appearance to your face. 5-Minute Crafts shows you a few simple methods to grow your eyelashes naturally and without having to spend too much money on expensive products.
⚠️ However, before trying any of these methods it is recommended to carry out an allergy test to make sure the ingredients you are going to use won’t harm you. You can also check with your dermatologist.
1. Natural oils
Castor oil, thanks to its ricinoleic acid and vitamin E content, can enhance eyelash growth when mixed with coconut or almond oil, according to a study.
Almond oil is emollient and also contains vitamins A, B, and E, which have antioxidant and moisturizing properties to strengthen and increase eyelash growth.
Olive oil is a great antioxidant and is rich in vitamin E, which can be effective for eyelash growth too.
- Before going to bed, clean your face very well.
- Take a clean mascara brush and dip it into the oil. Bear in mind that you can only use this brush in this oil.
- Apply to one eye and then to the other, in the same way that you apply mascara.
- Repeat the process as many times as necessary, until the eyelashes are covered well with oil.
- Perform this procedure every night.
2. Green tea infusion
Green tea cleans the follicles and also has a high content of antioxidants.
- Take a handful of green tea leaves and boil them in water for about 10 minutes.
- Let the infusion sit for 5 minutes.
- Soak a cotton ball and apply it to the eyelashes before you go to sleep.
If you were looking for an inexpensive product to make your eyelashes grow longer, Vaseline might be an option as it’s popular for its moisturizing properties. Applying it to the eyelashes stimulates the hair follicles and helps them grow.
- With a clean face, put Vaseline on your finger or on a makeup brush.
- Apply it evenly to your eyelashes.
4. Eat foods that stimulate their growth
There are a number of foods that can stimulate eyelash growth.
- Foods rich in vitamins and proteins, like eggs, beans, fish, and soy.
- Foods rich in Omega 3, like salmon.
5. Take care of your eyelashes
- Brush your eyelashes daily: The daily brushing of hair has been known to stimulate its growth according to a Spanish study. We can apply this same technique to the eyelashes. Just make sure it is a soft brush. However, the results of this method could take longer to be noticed than with the previous methods we’ve mentioned.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes: Rubbing your eyes frequently can loosen your eyelashes and cause them to fall out. In addition, dirt from your hands can obstruct the follicles and hinder their normal growth.
- Clean your eyelashes: Clean follicles are essential for eyelash growth. Take off your makeup and clean your face every day.
6. Make them look longer with a few tricks
There are a few tricks that can make your eyelashes look longer. They are only a temporary solution, but they will help you get out of a pinch, for instance if you’re about to attend an event, a party, or maybe a date.
- Use eyeliner to give volume to your eyelashes.
- Curl your eyelashes.
- Use false eyelashes.
- Apply mascara.
Bonus: Chamomile to keep your eyelashes healthy at all times
Chamomile is a natural and easy-to-prepare remedy, and because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, it can be used to take care of healthy eyes and eyelashes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, place 2 bags of chamomile tea in the water.
- When it is ready, turn the fire off and let the infusion sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wet a couple of cotton pads and gently rub them over your eyelashes.