How to Make a Tall Ponytail
A tall ponytail is a simple and stylish hairdo that will be suitable for creating any type of look, whether it be everyday, festive or official.
5-Minute Crafts is showing you 3 ways to make a tall ponytail on your own. The first variant will show you a hairdo where the ponytail is visually secured by a strand of hair instead of an elastic band. The 2 other variants will better suit those who want to add volume to their hair.
1. Make a regular ponytail, and secure it with an elastic band.
2. Take 6-8 bobby pins and fasten them perpendicular to the elastic band around the ponytail.
3. Separate a hair strand from the ponytail.
4. Wrap it around the ponytail in the place where the elastic band is. Make sure the strand conceals the bobby pins completely.
5. Secure the end of the strand behind the ponytail with the help of another bobby pin.
6. Enjoy your new hairdo.
1. Collect the upper third of your hair, make a ponytail, and secure it with an elastic band.
2. Lower the elastic 1 inch to 1.5 inches down, and let the ponytail through the upper part.
3. Separate the ponytail from the rest of your hair and flip it forward toward the forehead.
4. Tie the remaining two-thirds of the hair into another ponytail and secure with an elastic band closer to the base of the first ponytail.
5. Flip the first ponytail back.
6. Push the second ponytail through it.
7. Tighten the first elastic band to secure the hairdo and create volume.
8. Cover the first ponytail with the second one, and neatly straighten the strands.
1. Collect the top third of your hair, tie it into a ponytail, and secure it with an elastic band.
2. Split the remaining two-thirds into 2 big strands.
3. Bring them together over the first ponytail, tie them into the second ponytail, and secure them with an elastic band.
4. Tighten the second elastic band to fix the hairdo and create volume.