How to Make Eye Patches
Under-eye patches are a popular product for reducing swelling and correcting dark circles under the eyes. They are effective due to the high concentration of active ingredients and the occlusive effect, like the one a sheet mask has. A gel or fabric patch is placed around the eyes thanks to which the skin gets more useful elements than it gets from a classic cream mask.
5-Minute Crafts is going to show you 4 variants of eye patches that can easily be made at home.
1. Cooling patches
- Take a square-shaped foil sheet and outline 2 patch sheets that are about 2.5-3 inches wide on it.
- Cut out the patches from the foil and cool them down in the fridge.
- Apply aloe vera juice to the area around your eyes.
- Place the foil patches over it, leave them for 15 minutes, then remove.
2. Patches with aloe vera
Another product with aloe vera will also help moisturize your skin and reduce swelling around the eyes.
- Take a cotton pad and cut it in the middle.
- Place the fragments of the pad in a jar with aloe vera gel.
- Thoroughly saturate the pad halves with the gel.
- Apply each half to the area around your eyes and leave them on for 10-20 minutes, then remove.
3. Patches with caffeine
- Cut a cotton pad into 2 halves.
- Dip the disc fragments into a cup of coffee or strongly brewed tea.
- Apply each half of the pad to the area around your eyes.
- Leave them for 10 minutes, then remove.
Caffeine and other antioxidants in drinks stimulate blood circulation, reduce fluid retention in the body, and thereby reduce swelling. Apart from pads soaked in tea or coffee, you can also apply used bags of green or black tea to your eyes. You will be able to get an additional cooling effect if you keep them in the fridge for some time before applying them to your eyes.
4. Patches with cucumber
- Cut a cucumber into big chunks and put them into a blender.
- Then blend the pieces on the high setting.
- Strain the mass that you get through a sieve into a cosmetic jar or container.
- Place several cotton pads into the jar and let them soak in the cucumber juice.
- You can cut the pads into 2 halves beforehand or do it right before using them.
- Apply each half of the pad to the eye area and keep it on for 15 minutes, then remove.
Cucumber helps to soothe the skin around the eyes and reduce swelling. Also, thanks to its high water and vitamin C content, it nourishes and moisturizes the skin.