How to Make Rose Water at Home
Rose water is a concentrated distillate prepared from a variety of roses called Rosa gallica or French rose. It has several cosmetic uses because of its beneficial properties. It can be used for facial care, to reduce acne, and to prevent the early appearance of expression lines, among other benefits. And the best thing is that it can be easily made at home.
5-Minute Crafts will show you how to prepare it in 5 simple steps. However, you should keep in mind that before using it, it is recommended to do an allergy test or consult your dermatologist.
What you’ll need
- 1 lb of rose petals (depending on the size of the flowers, this should be between 12 and 20 roses)
- 2 cups of distilled water
- A pot with a lid
- A glass container and its lid
- A sieve
- A spray bottle
- If you bought the roses, you’ll have to pluck the petals and wash them thoroughly. If you can choose, it’s better to buy red or pink roses, because their natural scent is better.
Place the 2 cups of distilled water in a pot and add the rose petals.
3. Set the stove to high heat and bring the water to a boil. Once that happens, turn down the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes or until the petals have lost their color. The steam should be kept within the pot, so it’s important to not uncover it during the process.
4. Take the pot off the fire and let it sit for about one hour.
5. Strain the infusion you obtained. To preserve it, close the bottle and store it in the refrigerator.